Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 t-mobile signal comes and goes

I've been a t-mobile customer for over a year with an iPhone 4 and 5s and few problems. With the iPhone 6, my t-mobile signal is non-existant in some areas or disappears. Restarting phone restores signal or establishes it where none existed previously. Is this a hardware problem?

iPhone 6, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), MacbookPro, Mac Mini, iMac,

Posted on Nov 14, 2014 8:32 PM

4 replies

Jan 13, 2015 3:53 PM in response to jason269

I've done most of the things listed below. In some cases it has restored my service. I've owned four previous iPhones. I've never had to do this with any of the other ones. Even if some of these things restores the signal, why should I need to do them with this iPhone 6 when I've never had to do them with the previous models?

If you're in your carrier's coverage area

Follow these steps, testing after each.

1. Tap Settings > Enable Airplane Mode, wait five seconds, then turn off airplane mode.
  2. Restart your device.
  3. Remove the SIM card. If the SIM card is damaged, worn, or bent, or if it's too big or small for the SIM tray, contact your carrier for a new one. Then reinsert the SIM card.
  4. Check for a carrier-settings update: Connect to a Wi-Fi network, tap Settings > General > About, and install any available carrier-settings updates. If you can't connect to Wi-Fi, connect your device to a computer that has iTunes.
  5. Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
  6. Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset all network settings, including Bluetooth pairing records, Wi-Fi passwords, VPN, and APN settings.
  7. Contact your carrier to check for any network or account issues.
  8. Restore your iPhone.

If you see No Service while roaming or traveling

You might be outside of your carrier's coverage area. If you're traveling internationally, you'll need an international roaming plan to use your iPhone or iPad.

Last Modified: Oct 7, 2014

iphone 6 t-mobile signal comes and goes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.