Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

time machine - backups inaccessible

hi,

I'm using three Time Machine disks that I connect alternately to ensure double redundancy on my backups. My problem is that none of my backups, going back to march 2014, are available. I have access only to the most recent backup and only for the Desktop. Is this a Yosemite issue?

PS I haven't found a Time Machine community!

MacBook Pro • 2.5GHz i5 • 8GB memory • 128GB SSD • OS X 10.10

Posted on Nov 15, 2014 3:24 AM

5 replies

Nov 15, 2014 11:11 AM in response to richard3

Not sure what I should be looking for but here is what Console returns when I select the system log and search for timemachine

Nov 15 12:16:08 ipad.home DashboardClient[75725]: com.bluedog.tmwidget.TimeMachine.v107: INFO: Starting Time Machine Buddy

Nov 15 12:16:08 ipad.home DashboardClient[75725]: com.bluedog.tmwidget.TimeMachine.v107: INFO: Time Machine Buddy Started

Nov 15 18:00:51 ipad.home DashboardClient[27163]: com.bluedog.tmwidget.TimeMachine.v107: INFO: Starting Time Machine Buddy

Nov 15 18:00:52 ipad.home DashboardClient[27163]: com.bluedog.tmwidget.TimeMachine.v107: INFO: Time Machine Buddy Started

Nov 25, 2014 1:25 AM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks, Link, that did get me to the files I was seeking. But the problem still remains: Time Machine only functions for the desktop folder. All other folders remain unselectable. This anomaly appeared around the time I upgraded to Yosemite. It's as if Yosemite blocks access to folders before its inauguration. Another, strange thing: Of the 3 physical disks used for Time Machine, the partitions on two have crashed; other partitions function normally. Neither Disk Utility nor DiskWarrior have been able to rescucitate them.

time machine - backups inaccessible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.