Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reason 7 Link Down errors on wi-fi

Hello,

my wifi disconnects every 30 seconds.

I have these errors in /var/log/system.log:

Link Down on en1. Reason 7 (Frame received from nonassociated STA).

My iPad can connect with the same wifi access point without any issue, so it definitely looks like an issue on OSX.

Other wifi access points work well on my MBP, so it doesn't look like a hardware issue.

All suggestions are welcome!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Nov 15, 2014 7:57 AM

5 replies

Nov 30, 2014 9:52 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi, I tried the suggestions you linked (well, except the "yosemite clean install" one... come on!) but I'm still getting disconnected every few seconds. I've also tried Wireless Diagnostic, but it's not useful because it doesn't even manage to complete the creation of the diag pack before my connection drops.

I enabled wifi logging and I'm seeing this:

Sun Nov 30 18:46:37.959 <kernel> Association to a8:44:81:69:ff:72 Failed with status 1

Sun Nov 30 18:46:38.588 <kernel> Received Deauth from a8:44:81:69:ff:72 with Reason 7

So the way I interpret it is that the wifi fails on OSX with "status 1" (whatever that means) and then of course the AP sends me a Reason 7 ("frame received from deassociated station") deauth.

Any idea where I can find the meaning of "status 1"?

Reason 7 Link Down errors on wi-fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.