Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help me empty trash, adobe flashplayer installer .dmg in use

i attempted to update my adobe flashplayer because i was prompted, but then became skeptical, and moved it to the trash. now i can't even empty it out of the trash. i get a message that tells me "The operation can’t be completed because the item “AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_15au_ltrosxd_aaa_aih.dmg” is in use." ... i know i was just in the very first stages and i did not complete the download or update. i want that file out of my computer. how do i do this? please and thank you

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 15, 2014 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2014 12:09 PM

Hold down the option key as you select Empty Trash from the from the Finder menu.

Hope this helps.

PJRS

8 replies

Nov 15, 2014 4:24 PM in response to mac reporter

You actually set up these prompts from Adobe when you installed FlashPlayer.

If you are unsure if they are to be trusted go to System Preferences/ In the lowest section you will find the Adobe Preferences. Click on it and you can change how, if at all it notifies you about updates, or you can select to manually check for updates.

Glad you are sorted.

PJRS

Apr 4, 2015 11:58 PM in response to PJRS

What is supposed to happen when I hold down the option key and click on Empty Trash in the finder? It seems that Empty Trash is frozen now. Here's a screen shot.

I had to force quit finder because it was still frozen after 10 minutes. I decided to do without the blight on humanity that is Adobe Flash Player and I'm trying to rid my hard drive. If this isn't going to do any harm (although it's impossible to locate it) I'll just leave it.

Thank you.

User uploaded file

help me empty trash, adobe flashplayer installer .dmg in use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.