Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after factory reset iphone 3gs is not been activated

I updated ios in my iphone 3gs. After updating there was the symbol of i-tune like showing connect i-tune. Then I connected my i-phone to i-tune. Then on the computer screen I seen your phone needs to be restore and I done like that and restored my phone to factory reset. After resetting my Lyca mobile simcard shown no service. On the screen it shows "iphone" underneath of which arrow showing configure your phone. I tried to by selecting English language and country or region United States and choosing the right internet. But on the screen it comes activating your iphone browsing as it may take few minutes to activate your iphone after that it shows your iphone could not be activated try connecting to itunes and I tried that but it shows simcard is not inserted disconnect and try again. so what should I do now, help me please.

iPhone 3GS

Posted on Nov 15, 2014 6:57 PM

1 reply

Nov 17, 2014 2:52 PM in response to salim788350

Hello salim788350,

After reviewing your post, I have located an article that can help with SIM errors. It contains a number of troubleshooting steps and helpful advice for the issue you are experiencing:

If you see 'No SIM' alert on iPhone - Apple Support

In some situations, the status bar on your iPhone might display No SIM, even though your iPhone has a SIM card. You might see an alert saying "Invalid SIM" or "No SIM Card installed."

If you see any of the above symptoms on your iPhone, follow these steps:

1. Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
  2. Turn airplane mode on and then off again.
  3. Restart your iPhone.
  4. Check for a carrier settings update. Go to Settings > General > About. Install any available update.
  5. Remove the SIM card and make sure that it's a valid SIM that your carrier provided. Also make sure that it's not damaged, worn, or modified. Then reinsert it.
    A SIM tray that comes with one iPhone model won't necessarily work with a different iPhone model. When you insert the correct SIM tray, the SIM tray should be flush with the device.
  6. If you have another SIM card, insert it. You can use a SIM card from any phone with the same format as your iPhone SIM card. If your iPhone works with that SIM card, contact the carrier that issued your original SIM card.
  7. Restore the iPhone.

If you still see the issue, contact Apple support.

Learn what to do if you see a SIM not Valid alert.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

BobbyD

after factory reset iphone 3gs is not been activated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.