Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot review apps in App Store nickname taken

I Have an iPad 4 with latest iOS update. I have purchased several Apps and tried to post reviews but it will not let me. I keep getting the same pop up message "Nickname taken please choose another". I have tried to post without entering a nickname but the send button is greyed out so I cannot send my review, I read another suggestion to not put a title or nickname but that doesn't work either. I have tried using my Apple ID but that doesn't work either. I have tried using this username (for posting here) but that also gives me "nickname taken...." I have also tried many different nickname combos and ones that no one could possibly have but STILL get nickname is taken.

How do I post a review in the APP store??? This is really frustrating!!

iPad, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 16, 2014 12:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2017 4:01 PM

IT is especially bad because your carefully considered review that you have just composed is instantly and permanant deleted, no second shot at nickname. It makes me think that all these reviews are bogus.

6 replies

Cannot review apps in App Store nickname taken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.