Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari flickers when scrolling up and down in Yosemite

I have a 2014 15" MacBook Pro with Yosemite. When I'm browsing websites, Safari starts to flicker, especially when scrolling up and down. I think it's an issue with ads on the page (such as in Facebook), but I'm not sure how to fix it. It's annoying. Refreshing the page sometimes works, but it's not a reliable fix. Also, it's difficult to enter text into text boxes on the page because of the flickering. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so how did you fix it? Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Nov 16, 2014 7:39 AM

11 replies

Jan 28, 2015 10:22 PM in response to lbaukol

Having the same issue on my mid 2012 MBP 13 inch. It is about 1/4 of the way down on the screen and on that y value it ripples/flickers it is really annoying. It doesn't only occur in Safari though. Something similar also occurs in the App Store. once I scroll at all the side of the window flicker uncontrollably. I have tried reseting my cache, history, and I have no extensions installed. I have tested in iTunes as well and that seems fine. It is definitely on all websites for me.

Feb 4, 2015 11:40 AM in response to lbaukol

An update about how I resolved (hopefully) this issue. It was as simple as turning off "Automatic Graphics Switching" in the Energy Saver settings. This keeps your computer in discrete graphics mode at all times. The issue seems to be associated with the computer switching from integrated to discrete (usually when flash is required) graphics. My MBP is usually connected to power so this isn't a big deal but this solution isn't great for anyone who isn't always tethered to power.

Safari flickers when scrolling up and down in Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.