Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to turn off burst mode iphone 6?

Is there a way to turn offthe burst mode iphone 6 camera app? I want only 1 photo. Invariably IOS 8 camera app takes 3 to 10 photos each time I take a photo. It is pain to have to delete multiple copies each time I take a phota.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1, win 7 pc

Posted on Nov 16, 2014 11:29 AM

17 replies

Nov 18, 2015 1:47 PM in response to 24434everyday

24434everyday wrote:

This is NOT a solution. You don't always want your flash set to the On position. And I do exactly what I consider press and release and I still get burst photos. And it seems that if you use the timer function, you get burst mode whether you like it or not.

Submit your request to Apple to have this changed here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

May 1, 2016 6:33 AM in response to oldmeterreader

I have the same problem with burst mode. It should be something to be turned on or off not linked to flash or the button press. Besides this happens when the phone is mounted on a tripod and whether you use the side button or the dot on the screen. In timer mode I certainly don't hold anything down because i'm usually try to get into the shot with friends.

As a side note does anyone else feel that the screen on off button being opposite of the side volume button is a problem? I can't count how many times I have accidentally turned the phone screen off with my thumb while trying to use my index finger to take the shot...sometimes losing the shot I wanted. Bad ergonomics imao.

Is there a way to turn off burst mode iphone 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.