Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Get Error2 message when trying to download iTunes onto my computer

When trying to download iTunes onto my laptop, it keeps giving me an error2 message:

Apple application support was not found.

Apple application support is required to run itunes. Please uninstall iTunes, then install iTunes again.

I've tried to uninstall MANY times and installed again, but still get the same message.

Please tell me what to do b/c iTunes does not provide me any directions that are helping me solve this problem.......

laptop-OTHER, Windows 7, TRYING TO DOWNLOAD iTUNES

Posted on Nov 16, 2014 12:30 PM

4 replies

Nov 16, 2014 1:26 PM in response to judnix

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes (similar to those above) and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

The section Install missing components has advice on breaking down the iTunes installer into the individual .msi files which might prove useful if Apple Application Support won't install normally.

tt2

Nov 16, 2014 1:36 PM in response to turingtest2

Ty Turingtest2,

I've tried that and now am back to trying to download AGAIN! lol

This is so "not" easy and i've put it off for almost a year, thinking why even go thru all this Hassle.

But I need iTunes on my laptop for downloading and updating my iPhone/iPad, SO, i'm trapped into getting thru this muddle....

Appreciate your answering me though, at least I know some live human out there gets my frustrated Posts.

Take Care and Thank You again for your help,

judnix

Get Error2 message when trying to download iTunes onto my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.