Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification error on iPhoto

I've got a Mac Book Pro with retina display (13.3/2.6/8GB/256GB Flash), OS X Yosemite Version 10.10 and iPhoto 9.6.

My iPhoto keeps insisting that there is a new photo on a Photo Stream that I've subscribed to, even though there's nothing new there. The red notification blob on the icon or the "1" next to "iCloud" on the iPhoto menu won't go away no matter how many times I revisit the said Photo Stream, quit the app or restart the entire Mac.

The Photos app on my phone (iPhone 4S, which is on the verge of death btw) is naturally connected to the same Photo Stream but on this device everything works fine and there is no notification error.

It would be great if someone could help. As minor as this is, I'm very irritated.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Nov 16, 2014 5:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2014 10:18 PM

Same here. Badge won't go away. All images have been seen. More Apple Services that just don't work.

2013 nMP OS X Yosemite Version 10.10 and iPhoto 9.6

7 replies

Nov 30, 2014 10:36 PM in response to Steve Kellener

No - more user errors - the number also indicates that a comment has been made - simply look at the photos and view the comments and it will go away

Getting help actually works better if you stick to facts and details and leave out editorial comments - they add nothing at all to the process and often get in the way of solutions - although in this case the solution is so incredibly simple that even with ridiculous editorial comments it is still easy to answer the question

LN

Mar 27, 2015 3:07 PM in response to nella_jives

This was driving me crazy. When setting up iPhoto, I chose not to set up the iCloud photo sharing. On my iPhone, I had enable iCloud photo sharing and my family member had shared a photo with me and commented on it. It turns out that iPhoto, despite me choosing NOT to enable iCloud config., was giving me the badge regarding that photo. So the only way I could make the badge go away was to change the iPhoto settings to allow iCloud photo sharing, go to the album, view the comment, and then turn off iCloud again. Not too happy with the way that works.

Dec 18, 2015 10:04 AM in response to nella_jives

As mentioned already if you look at the photo that a comment is left on it "should" go away. There is also the possibility that the image was just "liked" by someone and no comment left. This will also cause the badge to appear. View the image and the badge will go away.

If you really are just annoyed by the whole badge notification (as I am). Simply turn them off.

Go to Apple (upper left corner) > System Preferences > Notifications > Photos (located in left panel) and uncheck "Badge app icon". There are other options there as well for banners and alerts if you wish to disable them as well.

I hope that helps.

~K

Notification error on iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.