Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro 2013 freezes hangs , graphics problem

Hi,

I upgraded to Yosemite and my macbook has been regularly freezing with the following pop-up once it boot backs up:

"A graphics problem has been detected."

Macbook freezes every 7-8 hours. Does my graphics card have an issue? Is this an Yosemite problem?

Please help.

User uploaded file

After I click "Report"

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10), Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

Posted on Nov 16, 2014 5:58 PM

13 replies

Nov 18, 2014 10:52 AM in response to choti

Hi choti,

Thanks for the question. After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are getting a graphics error message. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help you isolate or resolve the issue.

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Jan 7, 2015 1:28 PM in response to choti

We are now January, and I am having the same problem with my Mac. Fully updated Yosemite. Happens when running graphics intensive apps (iPhoto, Picasa or even Parallels). It seems like it must have something to do with the system driver software for the graphics switching. Not sure if it a question of a corruption of some file or setting or even permission, or whether it is a bug (of which there seem to be many - somewhat disappointing actually).

Jan 14, 2015 3:50 PM in response to choti

I am having the exact same problem, I am running a MacBook Pro(Retina, 15 inch, early 2013) with OSX Yosemite 10.10.1. It often happens when I am running parallels and am in my mac environment trying to do something like look at a browser or be on a Skype call. It is extremely frustrating as this is a work laptop and I'm often in the middle of something when it happens.

Jan 19, 2015 2:02 PM in response to choti

Same problem here, and I've found other threads with similar problems on different MacBooks Pro.

This for me happens when I'm using Safari, and while I've found that removing Flash helps, that it's when the system is switching from integrated to discrete graphics. I've put in on a monitor program for the graphics switching which seems to confirm this. I see when it switches from on a certain website and it's when I'm on that website that it crashes, although it's happened on other websites too.

Also, when I used that software to set the graphics to the discrete graphics only I got twitching noises from the speakers before the machine crashed completely.

I've lost confidence in the Yosemite because I can't use the MacBook Pro to it's full extent.

Macbook pro 2013 freezes hangs , graphics problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.