Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i make my synth leads polyphonic?

I'm relatively new to garageband, and I've got a midi controller set up to play with the different instruments they have, but I've noticed that unlike the steinway digital instrument, all of the instruments under "synthesizer" will only play one note at a time, that is, monophonically. Is there a way to make my synthesizer in garageband play more than one note at a time? thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Nov 16, 2014 6:46 PM

8 replies

Nov 17, 2014 8:05 AM in response to Danief_

The Software Instruments in GB are polyphonic. Draw a few notes in the Piano Roll Editor with the Pencil Tool to check.

Maybe your external controller sends only one note at a time

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Nov 17, 2014 12:40 PM in response to Danief_

In fact, some instruments are programmed on purpose to be played only monophonic, i.e., solo bass, solo synth. Sometimes they have a special portamento effect programmed that only works with monophonic lines, or it is just the choice of whoever programmed that patch.

For the bass synth that would make sense. For a piano or a pad sound not that much.

How can i make my synth leads polyphonic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.