Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie theatre not connecting

iMovie theatre not connecting on apple tv, says connection or iCloud problems. iMovie theatre working on iPhone and iMac, all other iCloud services working on apple tv. Have restarted apple tv but still not working.

Posted on Nov 17, 2014 1:17 AM

4 replies

Dec 28, 2014 1:36 PM in response to paulfromblenheim

Sadly, I have this issue too. I have all the latest versions of iOS, OS10 and that for my AppleTV 2, but theater does not work for me. None of my iCloud enabled flicks make it to the AppleTV? I'm using the latest TimeCapsule and everything else connected to the net works, just not that. Does anyone have any ideas? I have logged out of my iCloud account and back into it. I have restarted the AppleTV a couple of times without any resolution.

Jul 4, 2015 4:17 PM in response to paulfromblenheim

MBP-10.10.2. AppleTV Gen 3, Ipad Air 2 - IOS 8.4.

Imovie Theatre works on the MBP and the iPad, but not accessible from the Apple TV. Error message: "Cannot Connect to iMovie Theatre. There may be a problem with iCloud or you internet connection, Try again later." iCloud Photos are viewable, and other apps work just fine.

My Apple TV is doing the same thing, for the second time! After trying several things, such as logout of iCloud, reboot the Apple TV, etc., iMovie Theatre was still not accessible. I fixed the problem the first time, by doing a reset to factory conditions on the Apple TV. After logging back into iCloud, the iMovie Theatre was available, and I could view the movies. The agravating thing about a factory reset is, you have to login to all of the apps that you use again, that's not a quick solution. Now, it has quit working again. I don't use the Theatre frequently on the Apple TV, just when I want to show someone some new movies, so I don't know when it stopped working. I have uploaded some more movies from my MacBook Pro, maybe that breaks it.

Oct 22, 2015 5:35 PM in response to Rob1sonjr

same here - used to work now it does not - all devices up to date, whether it is my macbook pro, iPhone 6s, iPad or apple tv. What is the deal here? I used to be able to drag and drop videos from iphoto to iMovie Theatre window, but no more of that either. Seemingly some permissions/security thing that has now been implemented? Will have to pay for support to find out since this post does not have any answers so far since July, 2015?

???

Thanks,

Kirby

iMovie theatre not connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.