Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you make a genius bar appointment?

The process has changed and I can't figure it out.

Posted on Nov 17, 2014 9:27 AM

137 replies

Jul 25, 2017 9:26 AM in response to Geezer Chick

Geezer Chick wrote:

You cannot make a Genius Bar appointment -- EVEN IF YOU ARE A GENIUS.

Why? Apple does not want you to. You are a rat in a maze. You will run until you exhaust yourself and not bother them.

The apple threads, etc. are moronic.

They are written by the same writers who wrote, "If you can't hear me, raise your hand."

Apple says such things as "ask the community," which is analogous to a doctor saying, "Check with the people in the waiting room about your crushing chest pain."

Apple depends of the cult of non-explanation: I am APPLE. You are a mortal. You cannot understand.

Yes, we can. You are using ******** to keep people away from the services for which they have paid.

Contact the FTC (Fair Trade Commission) to make a complaint. We'll just put it in the trash.

I can make a reservation in under 30 seconds, starting on the Apple Store's page which I want to visit.

Start here on you favorite Store's page

User uploaded file

Jan 27, 2017 11:45 PM in response to lleahwithh

FORGET IT! In order to get a genius bar appointment you should be ready to travel abroad, or at least 426 km ... forget it! This service is useless for me - and most annoying that you have to sign in to your profile first - if you are lucky your device shows - then sign in to Icloud -Steps: http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/ -then you go to hardware support - then to the button genius bar and then - at least for me - it shows availability most of the time in another country (that is for Europe) or at least 200 - 500 miles away. Useless.

Jan 29, 2017 6:23 AM in response to lleahwithh

Unfortunately this is a trend with Apple. Their customer support is lacking tremendously. Trying to setup an appointment to take my iPhone in and can't, FOR THE LIFE OF ME, figure out how to make an appointment. Searching google, loading my Apple Store App - NOTHING. Now I'll get to go to the store and "get in line" and waste a few hours of my day. The Jobs days of Apple are gone.

Jul 25, 2017 9:12 AM in response to lleahwithh

You cannot make a Genius Bar appointment -- EVEN IF YOU ARE A GENIUS.

Why? Apple does not want you to. You are a rat in a maze. You will run until you exhaust yourself and not bother them.

The apple threads, etc. are moronic.

They are written by the same writers who wrote, "If you can't hear me, raise your hand."

Apple says such things as "ask the community," which is analogous to a doctor saying, "Check with the people in the waiting room about your crushing chest pain."

Apple depends of the cult of non-explanation: I am APPLE. You are a mortal. You cannot understand.

Yes, we can. You are using ******** to keep people away from the services for which they have paid.

Contact the FTC (Fair Trade Commission) to make a complaint. We'll just put it in the trash.

how do you make a genius bar appointment?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.