Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Missing Camera Issue

I imported clips from several of my son's football game. After doing so, we made a highlight movie (4min 13 sec). After disconnecting the Sony Digital HD Video Camera, about 50% of the clips disappeared and were replaced with a ? inside a box. When I click on this box I can see how long the clip is but just can not see the film. I also got the message "Missing Camera". I am working with a MacBook Air, Operating System OS X Yosemite, iMovie 10.0.6.

I have reconnected the Camera several times but this continued each time I disconnected the camera. I left them connected overnight to see if it just needed more time but that did not help. I also had a difficult time ejecting the camera from the Mac. It took me several times before it would eject. I do have the video available in Theater and all clips are viewable. However, when I try to "share" from Theater, it tells met that I am missing media even though it does show when I play the video in Theater.

Appreciate input from others more knowledgeable than me.

Thank you.

Posted on Nov 17, 2014 11:07 AM

2 replies

Jul 13, 2015 8:09 AM in response to jdrfromcalifornia

same but a little different, i downloaded about 14 videos of varying length, watched them all (with the gopro disconnected) I went back to review the videos the next day and all of them, plus some older ones, now have a black screen with a question mark...."missing camera"....apple appears to claim this occurs because the camera was improperly ejected which is a complete load of stuff.

Because the material has already been loaded and viewed, it must be somewhere on the macbook air, the question is where and how do i access it. honestly, to this point, this is the worse software i have run into, hard to believe apple has such a poor program and is not fixing it nor helping people to find their lost videos in this glitchy at best program

iMovie Missing Camera Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.