Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.1.1 update not searching for apps in spotlight

I just updated to iOS 8.1.1 on my iPhone 5 and iPad2 and now when I use spotlight to search it will not pull applications up in its search was working before update and is something that I use all the time. Is anyone else having this same issue? "UPDATE" after some time has passed it is now working.

Message was edited by: Ron9911

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1, iOS 8.1.1 update

Posted on Nov 17, 2014 1:59 PM

23 replies

Nov 21, 2014 1:38 AM in response to Ron9911

Was having the same issue, might have a workaround. Try going into spotlight settings and disable some of the search types. I narrowed mine down to Apps, Messages and Contacts (it's all I ever use it for). Apps started working again. Not sure specifically which one I disabled was causing the issue but I don't want to tinker with it now I have it working.

its not a fix but it might keep you sane until apple fix it

Dec 11, 2014 2:25 PM in response to sjsherratt

Following Up - I just installed 8.1.2 on my iPhone 5S and Spotlight was not finding Apps. I did get it working just now, will see how long it continues to work. I changed the "Language" to Spanish, then back to English. I am guessing this rebuilt my list of Apps somehow. I also reduced the number of things included in Spotlight search - Apps and Contacts - unchecked everything else.

http://www.igeeksblog.com/spotlight-search-not-working-on-ios-8/

Dec 23, 2014 9:50 AM in response to Ron9911

I've started having the same problem on my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 running 8.1.2. Really frustrating. Not sure what really makes it stop, or even which sequence of things I do make it start working again. Sometimes things work, other times they don't.

Almost impossible to use my iPhone with hundreds of apps when you can't find them. Scrolling through page after page with folder after folder...not exactly a solution.

iOS 8.1.1 update not searching for apps in spotlight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.