Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync epubs from iBooks on iPad to iphone

I have downloaded several free epubs, from non-iBooks sources, into my iBooks on my iPad. I now have an iPhone. I turned 'sync iBooks collection' on on both devices but cannot get my iBooks collection sto sync. What am I doing wrong?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 17, 2014 8:25 PM

2 replies

Nov 19, 2014 11:19 AM in response to NewGirl8

Hi NewGirl8,

Welcome to the Support Communities! What format are the ePubs you are trying to sync? The article below explains how to sync your PDFs and non-iBooks Store books.

iBooks: Viewing, syncing, saving, and printing PDFs on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Using Sync Collections with PDFs in iBooks

If you turned on Sync Collections, iBooks will keep your PDFs (and non–iBooks Store books) in the same collections across all your iOS devices and Mac (if you're using OS X Mavericks). For example, if you have the same PDF on all your devices, when you move that PDF to your Sci-Fi collection in iBooks on your iPhone, that PDF will appear in your Sci-Fi collection the next time you open iBooks on your iPad.

If you delete a PDF (or non–iBooks Store book) while you have Sync Collections turned on, it only affects the copy on the device. For example, if you delete a copy of the PDF from your iPad, it will still be on your iPhone.

For more information about iBooks and the iBooks Store, see the frequently asked questions and how to sync iTunes Digital Booklets to your iOS device.

Cheers,

Judy

Nov 19, 2014 12:44 PM in response to NewGirl8

NewGirl8 wrote:

I have downloaded several free epubs, from non-iBooks sources, into my iBooks on my iPad. I now have an iPhone. I turned 'sync iBooks collection' on on both devices but cannot get my iBooks collection sto sync. What am I doing wrong?

Exactly what are you trying to sync? If you want the book to show up on both devices you will need to physically put the book on each device. If you download an epub file onto your iPad it won't automatically show up on your iPhone (unless you buy from the iBookstore). Once the epub is loaded on each device, bookmarks, notes, and location should sync.

Sync epubs from iBooks on iPad to iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.