Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing login keychain

Alright this **** is complicated enough now heres what happened:

-Forgot password, used apple ID to log on and reset

-Logged on but before desktop showed it told me it had to reset Keychains (which I vaguely get, but deep down I do not understand)

-Hit reset to default

-Prompted for password; typed it in and was obviously wrong so I just hit cancel

-Mac works okay, but popups everywhere telling me that it cannot store _____ or whatever it is for every password I type in

-Cannot log on to iMessage, iCloud, etc. Basically I cannot do anything without it prompting me for the "Local Items" keychain

-I scoured the internet and through these forums and figured out my login is missing and have tried all options such as:

-FirstAid Keychains

-Going to file creating a new keychain, but alas it still prompts me for a keychain password that I obviously do not have

-Restarting computer

-Deleting the old login file from the Libraries/Keychains folders

**** I literally just tried to set up a phone call for them to call me and they told me they can't even take my phone call at the time I requested.

So frustrated, because I just got this laptop and I am already messing it up

MacBook Pro OS X

Version 10.9.5

User uploaded file

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Honestly, do not know what is going.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Nov 17, 2014 8:20 PM

2 replies

Missing login keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.