Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update to 10.10.1Wifi Fail

I own a late 2013 Mac Book Pro Retina, 13 inch and just updated to Yosemite 10.10.1.

Typically if my computer sat for more than a few minutes the wifi connection would fail. So, I updated to 10.10.1 thinking the wifi issue would be fixed. IT'S WORSE!!! It takes forever for pages to load. Minutes as opposed to seconds. Yes I turned my router of for 2 minutes and yes my internet connections works fine.

This is absolutely maddening!! Okay I'm done.

Please help!! : )

Thank you,

Michael

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Nov 17, 2014 9:25 PM

8 replies

Nov 18, 2014 6:54 AM in response to thetromboneplayer

Apple is becoming a BIG JOKE! My wifi is terrible after Yosemite update and 10.10.1 did NOTHING!!!!

This affects my Clear modem connection mostly... it will not stay connected. Clicking on a link in the browser seems to kick it off. It drops the connection and reconnects constantly. Other wifi networks stay connected. But they are much slower on my MBA 2013 compared to my iPhone and iPad.

WHAT IS THE DEAL APPLE... You guys need to fix this ASAP!!!!! I've never seen such a wide spread issues go ignored by Apple for so long.

Nov 19, 2014 9:56 AM in response to ShockoeStudios.com

UPDATE: Solved Wifi issue with MBA 2013... so far!

Hardware:

MBA 2013

Clearwire Clear Spot 4G Apollo

ISSUE: after Yosemite update (and 10.10.1 update) wifi connection continuously dropped and reconnected. No issues before Yosemite.

I was able to test using several wifi networks, which other than being a little slower than expected, all worked with no connecting issues.

Attempted fixes: All the standard ones found in this forum and other places (ie. delete network settings and preferences. Delete and recreate wifi network with new name... the list goes on.) Some very temporarily seemed to solve the issue... only to see it return after a few quick surfing sessions.

SOLVE: (at least for now... I'll update this every 24 hours for the next few days)

While in an in-depth conversation with high level Apple tech Scott... I learned that deleting the wifi preferences and settings files wasn't all the files related to wifi connection. Keychain holds the wifi passwords.

I then changed the settings in my modem to not require a password. It connected after asking me "this network previously was protected by a password. Are you sure you want to join it?" (or something along those lines) I agreed and was connected without any drop offs... Yah!!!

After a few hours of success, I changed it to WPA2 passworded (same question box popped up, I agreed)... connect with no issues... Yah again!!!

AFTER 24 HOURS: Still successfully connected!!!

NOTE: I believe this issue is caused by a corrupted keychain entry. Apples help forum shows other high level network techs have notice this issue too.

I'm assuming that just deleting the keychain related to this wifi connection would accomplish the same results. You would just need to re-enter the wifi password.

Watch for updates every 24 hours for the next few days... any feedback would be great. Let me know if this helped your issue.

Dec 2, 2014 1:31 PM in response to thetromboneplayer

I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012) running 10.10.1. My network is TWC in NYC (Extreme internet service) running an Arris MTA modem supplied by TWC. Up until my upgrade to 10.10.1 this configuration worked perfectly. The conversion to Yosemite did not appear to have an negative impact. Since then I am constantly dropping WI-FI for no apparent reason. Looking for some help from Apple - and soon - since this is very annoying.

Update to 10.10.1Wifi Fail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.