Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erasing hard drive problems on macbook pro

My brand new macbook pro was working very slowly for about a day and then just froze so I restarted it. But then when it was trying to turn on it was just a gray screen with a file and a question mark on it, which I read means it can't find the hard drive or operating system or something. So I then held down the option key and waited for internet recovery to connect but now I don't know what to do. I clicked disc utilities and I am trying to find my hard drive to erase and restore it (my computer is so new I hardly have any files on it). My only options are 500.11 GB APPLE HDD HTS545050A7E362 Media and then under that it says disk0 with a subheading of "OS X Base System." The only thing that is giving me the option to erase it is the 500.11 GB APPLE HDD one but I'm not sure if I should do that because I don't know if that's technically my hard drive or what. Based on the things I have read there should be a subheading under that with their personal hard drive but mine does not have that.

MacBook Pro

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 18, 2014 1:52 AM

3 replies

Erasing hard drive problems on macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.