Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod touch shows songs under the wrong artist name even when they are correctly labeled

Recently, my Ipod touch has been labelling music wrong. When I scroll through artists, it will show songs and artists under the wrong label. For example, when I press Adele, it will tell me that I've pressed Our Lady Peace and either show me a mix of the two artists songs, or just the wrong songs. This happens every time I use the artists list. On Itunes, all of my songs are labelled correctly, so I don't know why this is happening. I've reset my settings, updated everything to fix bugs and restored my Ipod to factory settings, but it hasn't helped. I've also searched the communities, but no one seems to have had this problem (that i can find). My Ipod is only a couple months old, and it seems to me like a software bug.

Operating system: iOS 8.1.1

Capacity: 64 GB

Any ideas?

Thanks!

iPod touch, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 18, 2014 10:57 AM

5 replies

Nov 21, 2014 12:29 PM in response to pkrossing

I am having a similar problem. I purchased (actually "completed") an album that I had already purchased one song from (as a single). There are 13 songs in total on the album. The single I had already purchased is still listed under the original single. This I sort of expected, and I think I know how to fix it from iTunes on my PC by simply modifying the song info to match the new album. For now, on my iPhone, under new album listing, I see 11 of the 13 songs listed, and they all play fine. The problem stems from the very last song on the CD. There is a second artist who sings on that song (i.e. a duet). So in my Music app, this song is listed under a different "artist". From the artist view, it correctly says there is 1 album, and 1 song. Unfortunately, when I click on that artist, I don't see the song that is supposed to be listed there. I see a repeat of the same 11 songs listed over in the other "single artist" area. But if I actually click on ANY of the 11 songs listed, it always PLAYS the 1 correct song, no matter which of the 11 song titles I select. The "advance to next song" button doesn't even work (it is ignored). I tried deleting that bogus artist from my iPhone, and re-downloaded that 1 song from the iTunes store on my phone (hit the little cloud button), but it just put everything back the way it was. I'm guessing I will have to restore my iPhone from scratch tonight. Oh Joy. I will report back once I figure out how to fix my problem. Hopefully it will help you with yours.

Feb 14, 2015 11:37 PM in response to davo32683

I've got similar problem but only on Various Artists albums. When I select an artist, tracks from a different artist from the same album appear, I press any of the tracks from this different artist & my original artist selection plays, I have an iphone 6+, the same happens on my wifes iphone 6 & mini ipad. I have been to the genius bar their only advice was to set up a new itunes account as they thought my existing one could be corrupt. I did as they said & brought a new various artist album & same thing happens.

A friend brought a brand new iphone 6 yesterday, he has the same problem.

Is this a bug with ios8?

My ipod touch shows songs under the wrong artist name even when they are correctly labeled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.