Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have downloaded 3 tones on my iPhone 6 and cannot find them?

when I go back into iTunes it says I have already downloaded my tones but they do not show in sounds

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 18, 2014 2:23 PM

3 replies

Nov 20, 2014 6:57 AM in response to Sarahcara89

Hello there, Saracara89.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great information on the functionality of Tones purchased in the iTunes Store and where to locate them on your iOS device:

iTunes: Using the iTunes Store for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Tones

You can't purchase ringtones and alert tones from your computer, but you can purchase them using your iOS device with iOS 5 or later. You can purchase tones on iPad, iPhone (3GS or later), and iPod touch (4th generation or later).

To locate tones in iTunes on an iOS device:

1. Tap the iTunes Store app.
  2. Tap Tones. If Tones isn't visible, tap More > Tones.
  3. Browse for tones. Once you purchase a tone, a dialog appears.
  4. Choose to set your new tone as your default ringtone or assign it to a contact. If you don't want to do anything with the tone, tap Done.
    User uploaded file
  5. Tones you purchase using your iOS device sync to your iTunes library when you connect your device to your computer. You can find tones on your device in Settings > Sounds.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Nov 20, 2014 2:40 PM in response to Sarahcara89

Hello again, Saracara89.

Thanks for the update on your issue. This other article offers up steps on how to report issues with an iTunes purchase:

Report an problem with an item you bought from the iTunes Store, App Store, Mac App Store, or iBooks Store - Apple Support

To report a problem with an item you bought, follow these steps:

1. Find the email receipt for your purchase.
  2. Click Report a Problem under the item you're having a problem with.
  3. Enter the Apple ID and password you used to purchase the item, then click Report a Problem.
  4. Click Report a Problem next to the item you are having a problem with.
  5. Select your problem from the Choose Problem menu.
  6. Follow the onscreen instructions. You might be asked to describe the problem in a text field.
  7. Click Submit and we'll review your problem.

Find out what to do if an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open.

Cheers,

Pedro.

I have downloaded 3 tones on my iPhone 6 and cannot find them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.