Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Make Calls on FaceTime anymore :-(

For some reason, I can't make phone calls from Facetime anymore but I was able to before. I don't know what happened. Can someone please tell me what I can do to get it working again? I'm on the same wifi network as my iphone but no luck in making phone calls.

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2012), iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 18, 2014 3:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2014 7:30 AM

Hello there, chelsnobev.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great steps for troubleshooting Facetime on your Mac:

FaceTime for Mac: Troubleshooting FaceTime - Apple Support

Troubleshooting FaceTime for Mac

You can make FaceTime calls using the FaceTime app. You can call FaceTime users whose contact information is in Contacts. You can add contacts and edit contact information in either FaceTime or Contacts. To place a video call, you may use a phone number or email address.

If you encounter issues making or receiving FaceTime calls, try the following:

• Verify that FaceTime is enabled in FaceTime > Preferences.

If the issue persists, or if you see the message "Waiting for Activation", try toggling FaceTime off and then on.

• Verify that the Date, Time, and Time Zone are set correctly:
    1. From the Apple () menu, choose System Preferences > Date & Time > Date & Time.
    2. Enable "Set Automatically".
    3. Click the Time Zone tab and confirm the closest city is correct.
  • Verify that both parties are connected to an active broadband Internet connection.
  • Verify the phone number or email address being used is the correct one activated for FaceTime.

You can verify that you are using a valid Apple ID at appleid.apple.com. You can also create an Apple ID or reset your password from this website.

• Verify that both parties have installed the latest software updates for their Mac and/or device. See:

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2014 7:30 AM in response to chelsnobev

Hello there, chelsnobev.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great steps for troubleshooting Facetime on your Mac:

FaceTime for Mac: Troubleshooting FaceTime - Apple Support

Troubleshooting FaceTime for Mac

You can make FaceTime calls using the FaceTime app. You can call FaceTime users whose contact information is in Contacts. You can add contacts and edit contact information in either FaceTime or Contacts. To place a video call, you may use a phone number or email address.

If you encounter issues making or receiving FaceTime calls, try the following:

• Verify that FaceTime is enabled in FaceTime > Preferences.

If the issue persists, or if you see the message "Waiting for Activation", try toggling FaceTime off and then on.

• Verify that the Date, Time, and Time Zone are set correctly:
    1. From the Apple () menu, choose System Preferences > Date & Time > Date & Time.
    2. Enable "Set Automatically".
    3. Click the Time Zone tab and confirm the closest city is correct.
  • Verify that both parties are connected to an active broadband Internet connection.
  • Verify the phone number or email address being used is the correct one activated for FaceTime.

You can verify that you are using a valid Apple ID at appleid.apple.com. You can also create an Apple ID or reset your password from this website.

• Verify that both parties have installed the latest software updates for their Mac and/or device. See:

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Can't Make Calls on FaceTime anymore :-(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.