Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ibook not turning on after pram reset

I got 512 mb of ram for my 366 mhz blueberry ibook clamshell. When i put it in i reset the pram please help i have been letting it sit now. Please help

iBook, Mac OS X (10.3.x), Clamshell Blueberry non firewire

Posted on Nov 18, 2014 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2014 8:04 PM

Try resetting the PMU. On these Clamshell iBooks there is a reset button above the power button on the keyboard. Use a paperclip to reset it.

Otherwise that RAM you put in there might not be compatible.

9 replies

Nov 19, 2014 8:07 PM in response to Knuckles2001

Hi there Knuckles.

The first thing I would do in this situation is double check that you've installed the ram correctly. Follow apples recommended guide for installing third party ram.

Then, double to check to ensure that the ram you've selected is indeed compatible. It's an odd problem that one specific app isn't working after a ram upgrade, so you may need to look into some troubleshooting steps.

Kind Regards.

- Mike.

Feb 17, 2015 3:44 PM in response to Knuckles2001

So just checked and I do remember there is no PRAM battery in these. If they're like the early iBooks (Which they're the earliest!) they have a super capacitor instead of a PRAM battery. You'd have to pull the logic board to find it. So if the (main) battery is removed you have a few minutes to replace the battery before date and time are lost. If the battery discharges completely date and time will have to be reset as I've posted.

Ibook not turning on after pram reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.