Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

whatsapp missing photo album

I'm currently using iPhone 6, 64GB, iOS 8.1.1.

I upgraded my Whatsapp to version 2.11.14 yesterday and now all my photo album is missing from view when I try to insert photo. When click on "Choose Existing Photo", I can only see Camera Roll. In the past, I can choose any photo from my other photo sub-album from my phone but now they are all missing.

When I try they same thing on other app like Telegram and Wechat, it work just fine, except Whatsapp.

I've tried to power off, restart and also hard reset my phone but it doesn't help.

I've deleted Whatsapp app and reinstall, it doesn't help.

I've reset my phone by "erase all content and settings", restore the phone from iTune, it doesn't help either.

Anyone encounter the same problem? Is this Whatsapp problem or iOS problem?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 18, 2014 5:26 PM

14 replies

Nov 19, 2014 4:07 PM in response to andy_liew

I have the same problem. Razmee is technically correct I'm sure, it's WhatsApp's deal to fix but it's irritating nontheless that every time I do an upgrade so many things break.

And that's an Apple problem.

They mess with the core of how things work far too often, which they probably "have to" do because the latest upgrades have been pretty poorly thought out.

😟

Nov 26, 2014 12:31 AM in response to andy_liew

I finally received a respond from Whatsapp technical support (see below). Apparently it is WhatsApp issue. All I cannot understand is they use the word "hope" to have it fix in future instead of "will" have it fix... this mean they are not committing to it. Also, they can't even work out and commit a timeline. 😐

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

We are aware of the issue, and hope to have it fixed in a future version of WhatsApp. Unfortunately we cannot comment on any future timelines, sorry. Thank you for your continued patience and support of WhatsApp.

Cheers!

Penelope

WhatsApp Support Team

Dec 21, 2014 2:13 PM in response to andy_liew

Hi,

The only solution is on the iphone create a new album. then copy all images into the new album. This allows the new album to be displayed in Whatsapp.

This looks like iphone security issues. After applying 8.1.2 the older albums get restricted and you cannot delete them using iphone. But those folders maybe edited on PC. This does not look like 3rd party issue. Definitely Iphone issue.

Iphone developers are making a joke of every patch update. I may not tolerate another stupidity in next patch and might jump to Android...

whatsapp missing photo album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.