Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS X v10.0.1 and v10.0.2 Updates?

Hi Everybody:

I collect ALL versions of Mac OS X and am having difficulty finding Mac OS X v10.0 (Cheetah) Updates versions 10.0.1 and 10.0.2 (I have 10.0.3 and 10.0.4).

Anybody have them, or have any suggestions??

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10), 2.13 GHz, 4 GB Ram, 500 GB HDD

Posted on Nov 18, 2014 10:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2014 5:08 PM

Note, your MacBook won't be able to run anything older than it came with. If you are doing it for collector's purposes, 10.0 through 10.1.5 are generally not very usable. Only Mac OS X 10.2 and later offer built-in permissions repair, and 10.2.8 and later built-in USB 2 support for Macs than had them.

Yes I do have some of them, but I may use them for troubleshooting older Macs.

Also note, no Mac may boot off the a disk from another Mac from a different age, or style. There are retail discs for those universal boots.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2014 5:08 PM in response to vetteman01

Note, your MacBook won't be able to run anything older than it came with. If you are doing it for collector's purposes, 10.0 through 10.1.5 are generally not very usable. Only Mac OS X 10.2 and later offer built-in permissions repair, and 10.2.8 and later built-in USB 2 support for Macs than had them.

Yes I do have some of them, but I may use them for troubleshooting older Macs.

Also note, no Mac may boot off the a disk from another Mac from a different age, or style. There are retail discs for those universal boots.

Nov 26, 2014 5:22 PM in response to a brody

Hello a brody:

This IS for "Collector's Purposes", and yes, I do realize my MacBook could never use these. I have some 50 odd old Macs and collect everything Apple (hardware & software). These would simply be to "round out" my collection as they are no longer available for download.

If I would somehow be able to get copies of the 10.0.1 & 10.0.2 updates, I would be eternally grateful. As you know, doing so is perfectly legal as these are only updates and NOT major releases and were free updates from Apple when they WERE available.

Please let me know.

Thanks and take care,

Jeff P.

Mac OS X v10.0.1 and v10.0.2 Updates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.