Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Swipe gestures in Safari post 10.10.1 update

Hi all,

I have updated the OS to 10.10.1 but ever since swipe gestures on Safari has been acting weird. Whenever I two-finger swipe back, Safari doesn't response and the window gets stuck mid-way. After this, the browser is totally unresponsive to any swipe gestures and the only way to go back or forward is by clicking the back button or forward button. Again, Safari is only limited to these movements (back/ forward) while I can't scroll down/ up. In other words, all trackpad gestures get disabled and the only way out is to quit the browser and restart it. Post this, any trackpad gestures, locks up the browser again.

This has been so only the latest update. Yes, I have restarted the computer several times. I'm not aware if this issue is persistent to any other browsers or not.

Please help me solve the issue asap.

Computer - Macbook Pro early 2011, 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD. OS 10.10.1

Amit

Posted on Nov 18, 2014 9:32 PM

3 replies

Nov 18, 2014 11:02 PM in response to amit.raj

Hi ..

A Safe Mode boot deletes some system caches that may help after an OS X upgrade.

Top left corner of your screen click the Apple > Shut Down.

After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds, then press the power button.

Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold down the Shift key. You should press the Shift key as soon as possible after you hear the startup tone, but not before.

Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple logo and progress indicator.

Once you are in Safe Mode, go back to the Apple menu. From the drop down menu click: Restart

Then try Safari.

About Safe Mode.

Swipe gestures in Safari post 10.10.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.