Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Move from Outlook mac to Outlook Windows?

Hello Everyone,

I have a large Outlook Mac archieved file that reads .olm as their extension. This file is 39gb in size. I was hoping if anyone could guide me how to import this file in Windows Outlook 2010. I am currently using Macbook pro with OSX 10.7 and want to move my mails to ms office 2010 outlook.

Awaiting Response

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 19, 2014 3:32 AM

3 replies

Jun 19, 2017 11:46 PM in response to Paul-Murphey

Hi Paul,

There is a manual method of transferring your Outlook data from Mac to Windows, but the method is a bit complicated and very tedious, as you have mentioned that the size of the OLM file is 39 GB. So it would take you forever to go through with the process.

I would recommend you to use third party conversion tools to convert that OLM file into a PST file so that Windows Outlook is able to read that file. There are many of such tools available in the market you can choose one as per your own needs.

But still even after conversion your PST file size should not be that much, as PST files of huge size tend to get corrupted, so delete the unnecessary data which you don't need to avoid such issues keep the file size less than 20GB and archive the rest of the data.

But if you still would like to go with the manual procedure, i would advise you to transfer only necessary data.
Follow the link to the blog to learn the manual conversion technique: http://wordpress.semnaitik.com/2014/02/13/convert-olm-to-pst/

Nov 21, 2014 2:36 AM in response to Paul-Murphey

Hey Paul, it seems like you have a very large file to transfer from one email client to the other. As You have already mentioned that Outlook mac has exported your files in .olm file. Let me further explain how the import works. Windows outlook can onllu import or supports .pst file format. So in order to import your Oultook mac archived files in Windows outlook, you will first need to convert the .olm files into .pst files.

This can be done in two ways:-

1. Either you can upload you Outlook mac files on Imap server and then login through Windows Outlook and let the files sync automatically. This was you will be able to import all your outlook mac files in outlook windows.
  2. The other method involves the usr of application. There are various applications available online that clain to convert Olm file to Pst format. Here is one example of such tools: http://www.olmtopstconverter.com/. You can look for more tools, type-in "Olm to Pst Converter" in any search engine.

My Opinion:- The first method is dead slow and will take you days even weeks as you have large files while the converter shall definitely do the work in hours.

I hope this helps.

How to Move from Outlook mac to Outlook Windows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.