Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore from earlier icloud backup

Hi, I have mistakenly deleted my contacts from my iphone, later it was automatically backed up to iCloud. Now i want to restore contacts from iCloud, but not from the latest iCloud back up. In other words I want restore from my earlier backups to iCloud. Thanks in advance.

Posted on Nov 19, 2014 3:18 AM

2 replies

Nov 20, 2014 10:42 AM in response to damirov_a

Hello there, damirov_a.

The following Knowledge Base article provides some great information in regards to restoring your iOS device from a previous iCloud backup:

iCloud: Restore or set up your iOS device from iCloud

Restore from an iCloud backup

1. On your iOS device, go to Settings > General > Software Update. If a newer version of iOS is available, follow the onscreen instructions to download and install it.

2. Make sure you have a recent backup to restore from.

For information about backing up manually now, see Back up your iOS device to iCloud. If you don’t see a backup you expected to be there, see the Apple Support article If you need help restoring an iCloud backup.

• On your iOS 8 device: Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage, then tap a device listed under Backups to see the date and size of its latest backup.

• On your iOS 7 device: Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Manage Storage, then tap a device listed under Backups to see the date and size of its latest backup.

3. Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap “Erase all content and settings.”

4. In the Setup Assistant, proceed to “Set up your device,” tap Restore from a Backup, then sign in to iCloud.

5. Proceed to “Choose backup,” then choose from a list of available backups in iCloud.

For help deciding which backup to restore from, including information about restoring from another device’s backup, see the Apple Support article If you need help restoring an iCloud backup.

Additionally this article provides specifics on contacts in iCloud:

iCloud: iCloud storage and backup overview

Your iOS device backup only includes data and settings stored on your device.

It doesn’t include data already stored in iCloud, for example contacts, calendars, bookmarks, mail messages, notes, shared photo albums, iCloud Photo Library beta, My Photo Stream, and documents you save in iCloud using iOS apps and Mac apps.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Nov 20, 2014 10:38 AM in response to damirov_a

short answer is ...contacts are not even backed up to icloud.

if you go to icloud.com ON A COMPUTER . you can sign in to see what contacts you have there. All it takes to get them back is to sign in the settings >icloud section of your phone.....avoiding restore from back up altogether . remember....contacts are not backed up into icloud. a common misconception . They are backed up with itunes on a computer. But everything on icloud.com is a sync menu and simply logging onto your icloud accout brings anything you see on your icloud.com back to any iphone or ipad/ipod you desire without a back up /restore form back up.

Restore from earlier icloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.