Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help connecting Canon iR-ADV C5030/5035 to Mac

When adding this printer via IP, 'Windows' and also the advance tool everything seems to work correctly. Once printing it goes through as if it has printed yet nothing comes out. As if it isnt communicating with the printer. Have also downloaded drivers from the canon website for the printer for mac.

Adding another cannon printer (Canon iR C3200 PCL) the same way works fine and am able to print from this printer.

Any ideas or suggestions to help solve this problem?

Thanks

32 64 bit windows 7 bootcamp boot

Posted on Nov 19, 2014 5:49 AM

15 replies

Nov 19, 2014 9:47 PM in response to Adobe flash

A few things to check.

1. Supported Printer Language. You mention downloading all the Mac drivers. If the C50xx does not have the Postscript kit activated, then you will have to use the UFR2 driver. To check if the PS kit is installed, press the Check Counter button on the C50xx and scroll down a page or two. If installed you will see an entry called PS.

2. Protocol. For both the UFR2 and PS driver, you should use HP Jetdirect-Socket for the Protocol. No queue name is needed, just the IP address and the C50xx driver in the Use menu.

3. Dept ID Management. If you have to enter an ID/PIN in order to make a copy, then Dept ID management is most likely enabled (although there are 3rd party apps that behave in a similar way so you should check with your IT). With the Dept ID Management enabled, if you print to the C50xx without entering a supporting ID/PIN, then you print job will vanish. Reply if this is enabled and I can give you direction on how to configure.

4. Fiery. There is an optional print controller known as an imagePASS-B1 (aka Fiery) available for the C50xx series. If your C50xx has this fitted then you cannot use the Canon PS or UFR2 driver and need to use the imagePASS-B1 driver. To check if the Fiery is being used, open a web browser and enter the IP address of the C50xx. You will either see a login page for the C50xx or the Fiery Webtools page for the imagePASS.

Nov 23, 2014 12:34 PM in response to Adobe flash

With Dept ID enabled, you need to open Printers & Scanners, select the C5035 printer in the list and then click on Options & Supplies. Then select the Utility tab and then Open Printer Utility. With the Canon utility open you will see the Printer Information button. Press this to open the Printer Information window that will confirm Dept ID Management is enabled in the copier as shown below.

User uploaded file

Click OK to close the Printer Information window and then enable the Dept ID setting and enter your Dept ID and PIN. You will have the option to verify that your ID / PIN is correct and select not to use Dept ID printing when printing in B&W only. With the settings entered press the Save Settings button and then Quit the Canon driver utility.

User uploaded file

Now open a document and select to print. Change the print dialog to Special Features and ensure that the Dept ID Management setting is enabled as shown below. You can also press the Settings button to check that your ID / PIN is set and you can verify it works. If all is good then see if you can print from this Mac.

User uploaded file

Feb 4, 2015 7:10 AM in response to PAHU

PAHU

I am having the exact same issue in this thread: managed to connect to the printer (same printer) only to have it send my job, the printer spools up, but nothing actually prints. I thought initially that your solution #3 above would work, but it doesn't appear that my company has the Department ID Management enabled, using the method you demonstrate above to check if that's the case. Though I do suspect it's some sort of authentication issue. Do you have any additional suggestions? TIA.

Feb 4, 2015 12:34 PM in response to cljenna

cljenna wrote:

managed to connect to the printer (same printer) only to have it send my job, the printer spools up, but nothing actually prints.

What you could do is connect to the internal web page of the Canon copier to check what error code shows for your print job. To do so, enter the IP address of the Canon into a web browser. This will result in you connecting to the landing page requires a login for admin access or no login for general user access, as shown below.

User uploaded file

Note that the default account for the admin is 7654321 for both ID and PIN.

Once you are past the login screen you will see a link on the right page called Status Monitor. Select this and then select Print Log to see the print history. If the copier has blocked the print job then it should be listed with NG as the result and an error code - such as #099.

So what do you see?

Feb 5, 2015 4:59 AM in response to PAHU

@PAHU, thank you for the reply. It turns out the issue was I was using a PS driver, not a regular driver. Once I changed this, the jobs printed fine. Well, I shouldn't say fine. I actually am having one outstanding issue. All my print jobs look like they are scaled at 75% of the page size, so shrunken, even though the scale option is at 100%. Additionally, if I change the scale option to 120% say, it doesn't make them any bigger. Any ideas?

Feb 5, 2015 1:47 PM in response to cljenna

cljenna wrote:

All my print jobs look like they are scaled at 75% of the page size, so shrunken, even though the scale option is at 100%.

I think that scaling is handled by the OS, as even the Generic drivers included with OS X offer this setting. To test this theory, open Text Edit and create a document where the text goes from the left margin to the right margin. Note that you will need to click on Format and select Wrap to Page to see the margins. With the document created and saved, click to print the document but then click the PDF button in the bottom left corner of the print dialog and select to Save as PDF. Then open this saved PDF and check the text/margins and compare to the TextEdit document. Is the PDF the same size or also scaled down?

Feb 11, 2015 6:29 AM in response to PAHU

@PAHU, the pdf looks normal, but doesn't print normal. And it doesn't appear to be consistent in its inconsistency, either. The last time I wrote here, the page was scaled down. The next day everything printed fine. Today, the top of the page was cut off though the scaling was fine. All pdfs and word documents which look "normal" in print preview. I'm at a loss!

Feb 11, 2015 8:14 PM in response to cljenna

So this sounds like a driver issue rather than it being an OS X printing system issue. Can you confirm that you are using the Canon UFR2 v10.6.0 driver. If not, here is a link to this latest version of driver. If you are using the latest driver then select to print the PDF and then change to the Quality menu in the print dialog. Then press the Quality Settings button and change the Graphics Mode setting from Vector Mode to Raster Mode. Then OK the change and print the document to see if this helps.

Feb 12, 2015 6:01 AM in response to PAHU

@PAHU, huh, I actually got my driver from here: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/office/color_imagerunner_advance/imagerunn er_advance_c5030/imagerunner_advance_c5030

I downloaded and tried re-adding the printer with your driver and I still only have two driver options, like before. One is Canon iR-ADV C5030/C5035 and the other is the same but a "PS" at the end. I am using the non-PS one.

This morning, I had no issues printing. Borders and scaling are fine. Yesterday, I had a lot of issues. Not sure why it keeps bouncing back and forth, even within the same program.....

Feb 12, 2015 2:37 PM in response to cljenna

cljenna wrote:

I downloaded and tried re-adding the printer with your driver and I still only have two driver options, like before. One is Canon iR-ADV C5030/C5035 and the other is the same but a "PS" at the end. I am using the non-PS one.

Yes, the one without PS is the UFR2 driver. If you select this printer in Printers & Scanners and click on Options & Supplies, under the General tab will be the driver version. Does this show 10.6.0?

cljenna wrote:

This morning, I had no issues printing. Borders and scaling are fine. Yesterday, I had a lot of issues. Not sure why it keeps bouncing back and forth, even within the same program.....

Well if it happens again then try the workaround I suggested above.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.