Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBA 2011 Yosemite issues

Since updating to Yosemite, I've notice a few VERY annoying issues:

1) Battery drain in standby - I have no exterior connections (other than WIFI) but when I close up for the night, with as much as 20% battery life, I wake up to a dead battery.

2) constantly losing wifi connectivity. Regardless of network, home or school, I have to renew my license about every 45 minutes.

Any else having these issues? Any suggestions?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Nov 19, 2014 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2014 6:59 AM

Since your profile indicates Mac OS X 10.10 try updating to 10.10.1...there are improvements with regard to battery use and WiFi connectivity.

3 replies

Mar 2, 2015 4:40 PM in response to pubman5

Hi there pubman5! I'm sorry to bother you but I have also a MBA 2011 13" and, after reading many forums, I was concerned about upgrading to Yosemite since everybody is reporting considerable battery consumption (at least 50% more than in Mavericks) with older MBAs. How long does your battery last with normal usage (mails, internet, chat, word, excel) after upgrading to Yosemite? Did you perform a clean install to achieve this in case your answer is positive? I 'm looking forward to hearing from you! Thanks in advance!

MBA 2011 Yosemite issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.