Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto import creating and importing duplicates/ios8

I'm using iphoto 9.4.3 and my iphone 5s with ios8. Since septemberish (ios8 update), it's been double-importing all my pix on from my iphone - none are showing up as duplicates on the phone but import/iPhoto view shows and imports them all twice. All images come in as img_1234 and img_1234_2 for example.

Can't figure out why this is but it's a pain - I'm using third party software to scrub duplicates from the library after the fact but is anyone else having this problem?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 19, 2014 7:21 AM

27 replies

Nov 24, 2014 8:27 PM in response to léonie

I've got this same problem. Didn't see this thread before I posted mine (Re: iPhoto imports 2 of every photo - iPhone 6).

I've tried:

Hard restart iPhone

Updated iPhoto (9.6)

Updated OSX (10.10)

Updated iOS (8.1.1)

Nothing has worked; I get two of every photo and video imported into iPhoto.

Has anyone else solved this issue? It's not a huge problem; more like an annoyance.

Jan 8, 2015 1:10 AM in response to boloney

Yep, same drama here:

OS X Yosemite 10.10.1

iPhoto 9.6

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.2

Turned off keep original, turned off photo stream. Since turning off photo stream, at least I don't get duplicates on the phone itself. As soon as I go to import into iPhoto though, two of everything. Very strange.

My current workaround is to import anyway, go to the Last Import folder and zoom so they appear 4 per row. I then Command-Click all the way down the 2nd and 4th rows. Not practical for big imports, but is a (painful) resolution for low volume use.

Just updated the iPad, just in case there was some weird cross-device sync shenanigans. No dice.

iphoto import creating and importing duplicates/ios8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.