Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send files via bluetooth from Samsung Galaxy S4 to Mac Pro - I however did manage to pair the devices, but when I tried to send a file from phone to mac 'file not sent'.

Trying to send files via bluetooth from Samsung Galaxy S4 to Mac Pro (which was very convienent when I had a Google Nexus phone)

However, with this new phone (S4) I can't seem to manage

I did pair the device with my mac pro.

However, when trying to send the file from Phone to Mac, a message on the s4 comes up as 'file not sent'

When I tried the opposite, ie sending a file from Mac to Phone , a message came up on mac 'ensure network access is enabled'

Yes, my mac is appearing in the bluetooth screen of my S4 - and it's actually listed as 'paired'

I also tried 'android transfer' however it is uncomfortable rather than just via bluetooth!!!

(apart from the fact i can't see the images, only listed as text form - rather primitive!)

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Nov 19, 2014 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2015 6:19 AM

Try this,

Go into System Prefs of the Mac and make sure that bluetooth is selected in the Sharing.

Connect your phone and the Mac via bluetooth.

Then on your phone, put your finger on the image you wish to transfer and hold it there long enough for the image to show a green checkmark. Then, if there is more than one, select all, and in options, select transfer by bluetooth to the Mac. Then on the Mac, accept the transfer.

Hope it works.

Cheers.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2015 6:19 AM in response to mvb17

Try this,

Go into System Prefs of the Mac and make sure that bluetooth is selected in the Sharing.

Connect your phone and the Mac via bluetooth.

Then on your phone, put your finger on the image you wish to transfer and hold it there long enough for the image to show a green checkmark. Then, if there is more than one, select all, and in options, select transfer by bluetooth to the Mac. Then on the Mac, accept the transfer.

Hope it works.

Cheers.

Jun 12, 2015 7:16 AM in response to mvb17

I had the same problem and this worked for me.

(A) Go to Apple Logo top left of screen, click on it and select "system preferences"

(B) Find the folder called "Sharing", normally next to the Bluetooth icon.

(C) On the left hand side you will see a list of options with check boxes.

(D) Tick the boxes for File Sharing & Bluetooth Sharing

(E) You can now change other options such as where to save your transferred files etc.

When finished close this page and return to Bluetooth. Pair your devices if not done already. Don'y worry if it shows your phone etc. as not connected. they will connect automatically when you send a file. One further thing. Check to make sure you haven't your firewall set to block incoming bluetooth transfers.

Nov 19, 2014 11:15 AM in response to mvb17

Dunno if you helps you, but you do need some sort of Android File transfer application. go to www.android.com/filetransfer to get that tool/ You may also need Samsung Kies. (www.samsung.com/us/kies) which should get you somewheres. I don't know if you can use Bluetooth on your MacBook to do that kind of thing. I think it's for mice, keyboards, maybe headphones, but file transfer? not too sure about that. I used to have this old flip phone that used to work with Bluetooth, but that was a long time ago and doesn't really apply here. Oh, and you know this forum is for Mac Pro's (the desktop Mac), right?

JB

Sep 21, 2016 12:41 PM in response to mvb17

I had this same problem with my S7. After a few hours of frustration & online searching, I finally figured out on my own that not only do you have to have the "Bluetooth sharing" on but also the "file sharing" has to be on. Very simple duh & aha moment for me. Once I turned that on everything went through. I tried sending the photo to myself with the Gmail app & that sat in my outbox on my phone "queued" to send. I had to connect my Gmail with the phone's email app & sent the picture, that worked too. Not sure what's going on with Gmail since my S5 had no problem with bluetooth or Gmail. Hope this helps!

Can't send files via bluetooth from Samsung Galaxy S4 to Mac Pro - I however did manage to pair the devices, but when I tried to send a file from phone to mac 'file not sent'.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.