Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple VoicePass problems

When I tried to register my cell phone in Apple VoicePass, I get a notice that my number is already registered to another account (is how I read it). It won't let me save my cell as a VoicePass number for my account. Should I be concerned that my cell is attached to another account?

Posted on Nov 19, 2014 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 3:09 PM

I have this problem also. After more than an hour with a phone tech, including a screen sharing session - he was stumped and is looking into it. I will post the solution if it happens. Meanwhile, please send feedback to let Apple know how dumb this is. My feedback to him and apple.com/feedback was -

1) Instead of telling me MY cell # is "assigned to another Apple ID", tell me WHAT Apple ID. It should be "123-456-7890 is already assigned to Apple ID ************@mac.com". Then, at least I can either report the illegal use of my cell number by a stranger OR contact the family member or employee to unlink it (could have happened before VoicePass existed if someone picked something up for me from an Apple Store).

2) Even easier solution - Verify ownership of any cell number added to VoicePass with a text, containing a code - same basic security procedure used by alost every other apps and site.

I'm not annoyed by the problem. Things change. I'm annoyed that we have to jump through hoops to fix something that we should so easily be able to fix.

<Email Edited by Host>

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2015 3:09 PM in response to hackproofhopeful

I have this problem also. After more than an hour with a phone tech, including a screen sharing session - he was stumped and is looking into it. I will post the solution if it happens. Meanwhile, please send feedback to let Apple know how dumb this is. My feedback to him and apple.com/feedback was -

1) Instead of telling me MY cell # is "assigned to another Apple ID", tell me WHAT Apple ID. It should be "123-456-7890 is already assigned to Apple ID ************@mac.com". Then, at least I can either report the illegal use of my cell number by a stranger OR contact the family member or employee to unlink it (could have happened before VoicePass existed if someone picked something up for me from an Apple Store).

2) Even easier solution - Verify ownership of any cell number added to VoicePass with a text, containing a code - same basic security procedure used by alost every other apps and site.

I'm not annoyed by the problem. Things change. I'm annoyed that we have to jump through hoops to fix something that we should so easily be able to fix.

<Email Edited by Host>

Apple VoicePass problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.