Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i make a new game center account

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 19, 2014 5:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2014 5:56 PM

If you are logged into your old game center account on your device, follow these steps:

1.) go to settings

2.) scroll all the way down until you see the game center tab and click on it

3.) you should see an option to change your profile name; click inside the box

4.) type in your desired profile name and then it should either give you an option to save or if you exit out it should save by itself. To check, just repeat the steps up until #3 but don't click the box. You should see your new game center name.

Hope I helped! 🙂

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2014 5:56 PM in response to zeus3212

If you are logged into your old game center account on your device, follow these steps:

1.) go to settings

2.) scroll all the way down until you see the game center tab and click on it

3.) you should see an option to change your profile name; click inside the box

4.) type in your desired profile name and then it should either give you an option to save or if you exit out it should save by itself. To check, just repeat the steps up until #3 but don't click the box. You should see your new game center name.

Hope I helped! 🙂

Nov 19, 2014 6:11 PM in response to Apple Ashley

The Game Center account I was using was my son's account. He had set me up with my own account but after I installed the latest update it signed me out of game center and I can't remember how to get back in. I don't want to change the profile name on his account I want to have my own so we can be friends when we play a game. Do you know how to start a new account? Thanks for your help!

Nov 20, 2014 1:16 PM in response to zeus3212

Follow the same steps that I suggested before, only this time, click on the box where it says Apple ID. In that box you should see your son's Apple ID. Click on it and there should be an option to sign out of his, or erase his(meaning just backspace in the box where you can type.) Don't worry, he won't loose anything. Then just sign in using your Apple ID. Do you also know how to add people on Game Center?

Hope I helped! 🙂

Nov 19, 2014 7:23 PM in response to Chris CA

The Game Center account I was using was my son's account. He had set me up with my own account but after I installed the latest update it signed me out of game center and I can't remember how to get back in. I don't want to change the profile name on his account I want to have my own so we can be friends when we play a game. Do you know how to start a new account? Thanks for your help!

Nov 20, 2014 6:53 AM in response to zeus3212

zeus3212 wrote:

The Game Center account I was using was my son's account. He had set me up with my own account but after I installed the latest update it signed me out of game center and I can't remember how to get back in.

Sign in with your AppleID (same AppleID you signed into this forum to post this topic).

You already have a new account. You don't create a new Game Center account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.