Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite - Grey screen and shut down

I Upgraded to Yosemite last night. Now When I boot the machine I see Grey screen with a time bar and then blank white screen and then it shuts down

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011)

Posted on Nov 19, 2014 6:19 PM

4 replies

Aug 13, 2015 2:09 PM in response to MickMurphy

I have this same problem. Command + R on start up does nothing. Command+Option+R (internet recovery) asks me to connect to a network then brings me to loading bar with a spinning globe for about 8 minutes the bar fully loads and I then get the blank grey screen and eventual shutdown. D on start up doesn't work. Command+Option+P+R has no effect. Shift or Option+Shift has no effect.

The big problem is that my files are not backed up, I do have a bootable install drive available but I don't want to erase my files. What should I do?

Yosemite - Grey screen and shut down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.