Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime & iMessage not working after installing iOS 8.1.1

Today, I install updates on my iPad 2 with iOS 8.1.1. Since, I am unable to use FaceTime & iMessage. In the settings menu for each of these apps. it says 'unable to connect to network' but my network is working perfectly well

Posted on Nov 19, 2014 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2014 8:04 PM

Have you tried going into your setting and reactivating imessage and facetime. It will ask you to enter your appleid

6 replies

Nov 22, 2014 3:17 AM in response to KCsnr

I Recently update my iPhone 5 to Iphone 6..... iMessage & Facetime were not activate... just showing waiting for activation....... on both iMessage & facetime....

I contact to apple support ... they ask me to sign out apple id in iMessage and turn off then sign out ID in Facetime and turn off then check automatic Time date is on then restart your phone ...... then go to iMessage login apple id and turn iMessage on ...... ask me to send sms on 51369 "HELP" and wait 24 hours for activation.... if its still not activate .. call them back....

I try before all like , Erase Network setting .. Hard Reset phone... Turn of and on back Imessage /Facetime ... Restore from iTunes etc etc .... nothing work and now .....finger cross .... let see if with in 24 hours my iMessage activate or not.... i just leave like that for next 24 hours

Iphone 6

IOS 8.1.1

iMessage " waiting for Activation......

FaceTime & iMessage not working after installing iOS 8.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.