Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Losing Control Over Phone

I have an iPhone 6, 64GB Space Gray. I got the phone a few days after it was launched. Until a couple of weeks ago, the phone was working like a charm. Over the last two weeks, I have had nothing but major problems with the phone.

Like the title says, I quite literally lose control over the phone when it is unlocked. I cannot do anything with it. The phone acts like it has a mind of it's own. Let me put this in perspective.

Have you ever used remote desktop programs? If you have, you will know how the screen of the computer that is being worked on remotely looks like. To an onlooker, it is as if the screen is possessed because the mouse pointer moves by it's self and various programs/files/folders get activated. This is exactly what happens to my phone! It is as though my phone is possessed!! If you think this is where the strangeness ends, you are wrong!

This particular brand weirdness happens only in the wee hours of the morning. Since I work nights, I use the phone all night long, or so I would like to! Around 1am, is when my phone gets 'possessed' (using this word for the lack of a better way to describe the problem), and this problem lasts till about 7am - 9am! After that, it goes back to working like a charm! As though nothing ever happened during the wee hours of the morning!

So, I take the phone to the Apple Store and explained the problem to the "Genius" there. He ran a few diagnostics and triumphantly reported back to me saying there is absolutely no problem with the phone and that I should reset the phone and set it up as a new iPhone. I was livid! I had just got done telling him that I only have a problem with the phone between 1am and say 7-9am, and that at all other times, it works like nothing is wrong. I don't think one had to be a "Genius" to come up with the answer that he gave me!

Anyway, I figured he had a job to do, so I thought, and even though I knew it wouldn't make any difference, I would take up his recommendations! And what do you do know....surprise surprise.....THE PROBLEM CONTINUES!!!!!

I swear to you, if there was a viable alternative to APPLE, I would switch in a heartbeat! I miss my BlackBerry!!!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1, 64 GB, Space Gray

Posted on Nov 20, 2014 5:03 AM

6 replies

May 28, 2015 2:46 AM in response to RjMenon

@RjMenon,

So you still have the problem?

I have this problem too and I have the videos to prove it!

They too asked me to observe the iPhone after the soft reset they have done yesterday.. Sad to say, the problem still persisted.

Anyways, I will go to the geniuses again tomorrow and see what can be done.

@Meg St. Clair, it happened when it is not plugged to a charger.

Sep 14, 2016 8:46 AM in response to savryro

I have dealt with this problem on a daily basis for more than a year now. People (including Apple employees) assume I'm nuts when I describe my IPhone 6 getting hijacked with screens being swiped, apps gett launched, telephone calls being initiated, gibberish text being typed into draft emails, etc. I assume it's a Bluetoot-related issue as it comes and goes depending on where I am. It happens so often that I can identify and try to avoid "hot spots" as I average sixty miles of drivIing around the Los Angeles basin each day. I notice that it happens most often around public buildings - El Camino Real High School (Woodland Hills) and the Central Civil West Courthouse (I'm an attorney) have 90+% hijack rates. i also frequentLy loose control of my iPhone 6 near hospitals, senior care facilities, and certain large office buildings. It's not as if someone consciously sees and controls my screen, I just become the unfortunate inadvertent recipient of someone else's keystrokes and screen swipes and taps. Most times, there is no significant impact. I just close the screen and wait until I drive a block or two to make sure I'm out of range of the hot spot and all returns to normal. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Losing Control Over Phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.