Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update Firmware 1.2 keeps appearing

I have tried the recommended procedure but the app store continues to keep wanting me to update. The Display appears to have the correct firmware version installed.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Nov 20, 2014 6:05 AM

3 replies

Jun 26, 2015 4:40 PM in response to bk256-1

I have this problem too, just wanted to add that I only see the update available when plugged into this particular Thunderbolt Display (and even then, not 100% of the time). I have the exact same model (27") at work, and if I check for updates when that display is connected, or when no displays are connected, I never see the 1.2 update.

In addition, this display has other problems, such as occasionally just turning off (going black).

Jun 20, 2016 6:44 PM in response to iDevice-a-licious

I posted this link in another dated post:

About Thunderbolt Display Firmware Update 1.2 - Apple Support

Here's some tips in this Apple Support Doc that the other Doc does not provide. Firmware is very picky about the conditions for install.

Google Search Apple Support here you are:

Thunderbolt Display Firmware Update v1.2

YOU MUST MAKE SURE ALL CONDITIONS ARE MET FOR UPGRADE. DO NOT DISTURB OR POWER DOWN DURING ANY FIRMWARE UPDATE!

Cheers!!

Update Firmware 1.2 keeps appearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.