Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set an a powerbook G4 back to factory settings

I wan to set a powerbook G4 back to factory settings and I do not have a disk or any software for the laptop. How do I do this?

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11), 1.5 GHZ PowerPC; 1.5 GB DDR SDRAM;

Posted on Nov 20, 2014 6:59 AM

1 reply

Nov 20, 2014 6:31 PM in response to Dana Shepard

You can't without disks. The is no downloadable version of the software that came with that Mac so you must have disks. A Tiger 10.4 full retail install disk set would get you going but they are still in demand and may cost as much as the computer is worth.

For computers not quite so old, you can phone Apple, give them your model and serial number and they can check to see if they have original install/restore disks like the ones that would have shipped with the computer. Its a long shot on a ten-year old model.

How do I set an a powerbook G4 back to factory settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.