Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In iCloud backups, is my music stored in the backup?

I was wondering: If I erase all the data from my iPhone and use my latest iCloud backup, will my music appear there too from the iCloud backup, or is music not stored there?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 20, 2014 5:34 PM

5 replies

Nov 20, 2014 5:37 PM in response to SnoopyBanna

Here is what iCloud Support indicates about how music is backed up:

Purchase history for music, movies, TV shows, apps, and books

Your iCloud backup includes information about the content you have purchased, but not the purchased content itself. When you restore from an iCloud backup, your purchased content is automatically downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store. Some types of content aren’t downloaded automatically in all countries, and previous purchases may be unavailable if they have been refunded or are no longer available in the store. For more information, see the Apple Support article iTunes in the Cloud availability by country. Some types of content aren’t available in all countries. For more information, see the Apple Support article What can I buy from the iTunes Store in my country?.

Here is a link to the iCloud overview page:

iCloud: iCloud storage and backup overview

Cheers,

GB

Nov 20, 2014 5:49 PM in response to SnoopyBanna

Well it's not that black and white. The paragraph quoted provides the basic process:

When you restore from an iCloud backup, your purchased content is automatically downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store.

But then provides the caveats:

Some types of content aren’t downloaded automatically in all countries, and previous purchases may be unavailable if they have been refunded or are no longer available in the store. For more information, see the Apple Support article iTunes in the Cloud availability by country. Some types of content aren’t available in all countries. For more information, see the Apple Support article What can I buy from the iTunes Store in my country?.

Not sure where the confusion lies?

If for some reason it does not download, you can follow the manual process outlined here:

Download past purchases - Apple Support

Cheers,

GB

In iCloud backups, is my music stored in the backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.