Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 screen turned black and white, please help?

PPlease help fixing this issue

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 20, 2014 11:16 PM

61 replies

Nov 22, 2014 9:04 AM in response to Mo_woody

First try a reset of the iPhone. Press and hold both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button continuously until the Apple logo appears. Then release the button and let the device restart. You will not lose data doing this. It's like a computer reboot.

If that doesn't work try the back up and restore that AmishCake suggests. Still no luck? Make an appointment at an Apple Store to have your device examined by a technician. Or contact Apple Support.

Feb 25, 2015 6:54 AM in response to Mo_woody

I'm using an iPhone 5s running on iOS 8.1.3.

Just yesterday and for no apparent reason my screen went black/white. I tried all the suggestions in this thread-short of going to a Genius Bar or backup/restore- to no avail.

By fumbling around I lucked into a solution.

I triple tapped the home button and un-checked the "zoom" option and color returned.

For whatever reason- I'm assuming a bug- toggling the "zoom" option changes the screen from b/w to color (Zoom on=b/w; Zoom off=color).

Interestingly, turning on/off the Zoom in settings>general>accessibility>Zoom (under the "vision" heading) does the same thing.

Mar 14, 2015 9:37 PM in response to Mo_woody

Colin's Post did it for me too. Awesome stroke of luck! Saved me hours of headaches. Thank you!

From Colin's post:

"I'm using an iPhone 5s running on iOS 8.1.3.

Just yesterday and for no apparent reason my screen went black/white. I tried all the suggestions in this thread-short of going to a Genius Bar or backup/restore- to no avail.

By fumbling around I lucked into a solution.

I triple tapped the home button and un-checked the "zoom" option and color returned.

For whatever reason- I'm assuming a bug- toggling the "zoom" option changes the screen from b/w to color (Zoom on=b/w; Zoom off=color).

Interestingly, turning on/off the Zoom in settings>general>accessibility>Zoom (under the "vision" heading) does the same thing."

iPhone 6 screen turned black and white, please help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.