Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleted mac app keeps reinstalling itself

Quite a while back I downloaded a free app from the Mac App Store called MenuTab for Facebook. Tried it, didn't like it, and deleted it by dragging the icon from the Applications folder to the trash and emptied it. Ever since, every time a new update for that app comes out, it will automatically reinstall itself on my computer and launch automatically. No matter how many times I delete it, it keeps coming back. I tried disabling auto updates but it constantly notified me about it needing to install the update that it became just as irritating. Tried Googling my issue and deleted the receipts for this specific app from /private/var/db/receipts but that solved nothing (receipts also reappear as soon as it forces a new update). Other than that there is no other suggestions for how to fix this.

It's a minor annoyance but one I've had for over a year and I'm fed up. Even upgrading to Yosemite didn't fix this issue. Anyone know what I can do to get this stupid thing off my computer for good? Help!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Nov 21, 2014 4:34 AM

1 reply

deleted mac app keeps reinstalling itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.