Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

im trying to deregister my number with imessage. the link is not sending me a code. now what??

I need to deregister my number. Have tried everything listed. But I am not receiving a code to text back too. Tried muLipe times. Was on hold for an hour last night waiting for apple and never spoke to anyone. Need help please because I am not receiving texts.

Posted on Nov 21, 2014 3:40 AM

2 replies

Nov 23, 2014 11:38 AM in response to madjack612

Hi madjack612,

Thanks for the question. Based on what you stated, it seems like you need to deregister iMessage. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help you isolate or resolve the issue.

Deregister iMessage: Frequently Asked Questions - Apple Support

I entered my phone number but never got a code. Why?

• Double check to be sure you entered your number correctly.
  • The phone you're using might not show a notification when you get a text message. Open the text messaging app on your phone and look for the message.
  • If you still can't find the text with the code, ask your wireless phone carrier if they allow people to send SMS texts to your phone number using short codes. Also, if you transferred your phone number very recently, you might not be able to get SMS messages yet while your carrier updates their system with your new information.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Mario

im trying to deregister my number with imessage. the link is not sending me a code. now what??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.