Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 iOS 8.1.1 Bluetooth Issues

I was hoping this would be addressed with each successive software update, however I am having the same issues. I routinely have been unable to connect Bluetooth devices. I have a Bluetooth speaker my new phone will no longer connect to and I can no longer get a routine connection in my car without restart my phone and or car.

iPhone 6 128GB iOS 8.1.1 Verizon

Posted on Nov 21, 2014 8:55 AM

27 replies

Nov 21, 2014 9:12 AM in response to closeproximity

I have a 2012 Audi A4 Avant and after update to iOS 8.1.1 my bluetooth handsfree device does not connect. I've tried:

Delete Bluetooth devices on iPhone:

Turn Bluetooth off

Sign out of iCloud

Turn iPhone off

Turn iPhone on

Sign in to iCloud

Turn Bluetooth on

I reset my network settings.

Delete previous Bluetooth devices from car.

Attempt to pair iPhone with Bluetooth in car but now device is no longer able to show up. Just spinning icon. May have to wait for a patch to fix all the newly introduced bugs with this update. Humph...

Nov 24, 2014 3:02 PM in response to DeValCoOne

Hello Devalcoone I have exactly the same problems with my VW caddy & all our t5 at work iOS 8.1.1 All iPhones 6 plus Our regional VW dealer introduce us to buy samsung ore htc one m8 We bought now 9 htc one & 7 samsung s5 They work all perfect with Bluetooth 4.0 The iphone has also the same Bluetooth version. But no connecting possible. Now the children are playing with the iPhones And we are working & talking/driving with the other ones.

Nov 28, 2014 7:40 PM in response to closeproximity

I received a brand new Ipad air today and had no bluetooth issues with the presinstalled IOS 7... that came with the device. In fact the Ipad recognized the Belkin Ipad case/keyboard and my personal bluetooth I use with my samsung galaxy note phone. As soon as I updated the software to IOS 8.1.1 the Ipad stopped recognizing any bluetooth device. I am very sure it's the new IOS 8.1.1 software update period. Apple should do something about this issue because I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on an Ipad and yet it can't perform something as simple as bluetooth pairing. No, no, no, it's totally unacceptable! Do something about you technology.

Nov 28, 2014 8:17 PM in response to closeproximity

Thanks for your response! I have done this before I made my initial post it didn't work. Don't know what else to do. I have a very nice case with keyboard that could have been a perfect accessory for this iPad. It's just crazy. It's the new update since I was able to pair the ipad with my Bluetooth devices prior to installing this new IOS 8.1.1. My question now is there a way to downgrade from IOS 8.1.1 to the initial IOS 7... Thank you!

Nov 29, 2014 9:42 AM in response to DeValCoOne

Ok, IOS 8.1.1 finally seemed to work for me and has been stable for the week.

delete bluetooth devices on iPhone

sign out of iCloud

reset all settings

restore to factory defaults or delete bluetooth devices on vehicle

do not turn iCloud back on yet (this will re-sync and introduce the bug back to your iPhone)

turn bluetooth on and pair with vehicle

attach to iTunes and backup to iCloud (this will re-sync and clear out the bug out of iCloud)

sign back into iCloud

You'll have to reestablish your network and notification settings. I think the iPhone just gets into this limbo state between each update. Hope this works and makes your life easier again.

Dec 2, 2014 5:39 AM in response to bobbyleebudde

my Bluetooth works sporadically, The music sounds like a scratched record and calls are dropped because of this. I keep my phone away from me in the car and use the Bluetooth and audio commands for safety but I need to be able to make calls as I drive. I spend my work day in my car and need to make calls during the day. I did upgrade to 8.1.1 . no resolution. Is this a hardware problem? if is it I will need to exchange the phone and even if it is not I will have to return it as it does not work as advertised. I did try resetting it with the previous update and it did nothing. Do I have to reset it again ? I am giving up hope they will resolve this anytime soon. I like the new iphone but I need a phone that works as advertised.

Dec 10, 2014 4:53 PM in response to closeproximity

I am getting more and more frustrated with this. I have done the procedures above 2 or 3 times with no results. Have 3 bluetooth headphones that all worked fine before upgrading???? to ios 8.1.1 and now none of them can even be found by my iPhone 6. It seems like Apple could have done a better job of making upgrades more seamless so people would not have to go through so many hassles just to get simple bluetooth devices to play.Today I upgraded to ios 8.1.2 in hopes that this would cure this problem, but no such luck. Retried the sign off of iCloud and reset settings and still the phone does not see the bluetooth devices at all.

Android or Microsoft phone are looking better and better.

Dec 11, 2014 8:33 AM in response to jwhaide

I feel like the only solution is if apple lets us roll back to Ios7 or earlier. Ios 8 is NOT stable. I would have never upgraded but I made the mistake of getting the Iphone 6 plus. I should of stayed with my iphone 5 that I had refused to upgrade. it worked just fine. Once I upgraded my phone it came with ios 8 which is just not working right. Since facetime stopped working on anything pre Ios7 I upgraded my ipads and now it is not stable and loses its wifi off and on and that never happened before. I bought my mom an ipad so I could stay in touch with her and be able to see her and it no longer works. Her facetime doesn't work on Ios7. I mistakenly thought an Ipad would be the easiest platform for a not tech savvy elderly woman. I have wasted thousands of dollars getting all these devices. its a shame this used to be a great company. I give up and as soon as I can afford it will be moving on. I realize any device can have its problems but this is just so disappointing and there is never a helpful response.

iPhone 6 iOS 8.1.1 Bluetooth Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.