Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s & Honduras

I was working in Honduras this week! & had no service, Not sure why?

I Have a 5s bought in UK & on O2. It's on a roaming package & O2 swear blind they have a reciprocal arrangement with Honduran providers, the phone wouldn't pick up any local providers. If I switch from automatic to manual selection, it see's the network, but won't connect.

any ideas?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Nov 21, 2014 10:36 AM

1 reply

Nov 23, 2014 2:51 PM in response to Trinder1969

Howdy there Trinder1969,

If you are still not able to connect to a cellular network, I would use the troubleshooting from the following article to help resolve that and troubleshoot everything that can be troubleshot on the iPhone:

If you see No Service in the status bar of your iPhone or iPad

Follow these steps, testing after each.

1. Tap Settings > Enable Airplane Mode, wait five seconds, then turn off airplane mode.
  2. Restart your device.
  3. Remove the SIM card. If the SIM card is damaged, worn, or bent, or if it's too big or small for the SIM tray, contact your carrier for a new one. Then reinsert the SIM card.
  4. Check for a carrier-settings update: Connect to a Wi-Fi network, tap Settings > General > About, and install any available carrier-settings updates. If you can't connect to Wi-Fi, connect your device to a computer that has iTunes.
  5. Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
  6. Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset all network settings, including Bluetooth pairing records, Wi-Fi passwords, VPN, and APN settings.
  7. Contact your carrier to check for any network or account issues.
  8. Restore your iPhone.

If you see No Service while roaming or traveling

You might be outside of your carrier's coverage area. If you're traveling internationally, you'll need an international roaming plan to use your iPhone or iPad.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

iPhone 5s & Honduras

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.