Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus screen cracked

iPhone 6 Plus slipped from my hand and fell about 2 feet on the floor and the screen cracked.

It was just purchased last month.

Will my warranty cover a replacement? or any repair cost?

Thanks,

Posted on Nov 21, 2014 11:31 AM

8 replies

Jan 8, 2017 8:30 PM in response to AmishCake

NO WARRANTY!!

What a joke. Anyone I know in Austin Texas had had their 6s what ever crack all to **** fur no reason at all. No drop. No lets in the pocket.

Just Chinese junk

Ph is s piece of trash.

First and last apple joke fight this boy.

Had 5 android and did drop one. Not a scratch.

This plastic strong as a slice of toast turd it's not with 10 cents. My androids with much better, easier to set up and are actually built to last more than a month. The faster apple is out if bushiness the better.

Screw this junk!

Nov 23, 2014 6:47 PM in response to mail2moni

Hello friend,

I had the same case with you. Last week, I drive my car from the south to the north of Vietnam, around 2500km. I had a plan to use my iPhone 6 Plus to take more pictures and share to my friend. I wanna let them know, my feeling with the new iPhone 6 Plus but after I finish 1500Km, my iPhone 6 Plus display had been cracked.

Addition, I am staying Vietnam and in Vietnam we don't have apple store, reseller in Vietnam say sorry to me, so that I don't know I can send my iPhone 6 Plus to where for replacement. I accept to pay but don't know where.

User uploaded file

Nov 30, 2014 9:15 PM in response to mail2moni

Ok.

Point 1: I have now had two iphone 6 plus screen cracks, one from a small drop next to my bed and the second..............from simply being in my pocket! The second crack was in the lower right corner. There are TONS of these happening...in fact, I am a big Apple fan, and had a long conversation with someone at Apple who told me his had cracked the night before, as he leaned forward to pick up his baby. No contact. He fessed that there are lots of these issues. Apple Store denied it was possible.

Point 2: they are doing screen replacements at the Apple store, but ,as has been reported here as well, although they could replace the screen, it would not test properly afterwards. So, they replaced the phone.......again!

Now, just think about the economic impact to Apple- with it's HUGE presale, if there is an inherent screen defect. I would be VERY CAREFUL how customer service, the genius bar and iCare took care of this. If anyone knows anyway to better protect the screen with cases, protective covers, etc , please let me know.

Dec 1, 2014 11:49 AM in response to nguyennhaca

Apple will only provide service (in warranty or out of warranty) in the country in which the phone was originally purchased. If you bought it in Australia, it will be serviced in Australia; if not, no. Also, Apple will not accept international shipments...it must be taken into an Apple store or mailed from within Australia.

P.S. Since you obviously have internet access, I strongly suggest that before you make any major purchase, you do your research online. All of the information about warranty service is available on Apple's website. You should not depend on, "Why we don't have any Apple guy explain to us huh?" You are an adult...take responsibility.

iPhone 6 Plus screen cracked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.