Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No audio in Keynote since iOS 8.1.1 upgrade

Has anyone else had problems with audio (as in: no audio) in Keynote presentations on an iPad Air since upgrading to iOS 8.1.1? While audio still works fine in all other Apps on my iPad, it's totally gone from Keynote. The issue is specific to my iPad Air, not my iPhone 6 (same upgrade; same App; same files; no prob on iPhone).

It gets weirder: Keynote on iPad Air has no audio when using either its integrated audio (aka iPad speakers) or outboard Bluetooth speakers. But strangely, it works fine if I plug in headphones. How wacky is that? Keep in mind that the mute switch isn't on and the volume is at full. It's not hardware related because audio is completely normal in every other App.

I've hard power-cycled the iPad. Nada. I've deleted and reinstalled the Keynote App. No help. I've tried creating a brand new test presentation (1 slide) and added just one soundtrack (1 song). Nothing. You can't even hear the audio in the "soundtrack preview" mode, so the audio failure is not limited to just presentation mode. Any and all ideas welcome.

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.1

iPad Air, iOS 8.1, Specifically iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Nov 21, 2014 1:11 PM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2015 4:07 PM in response to daveofmars

daveofmars, I wonder if you have found a solution to this problem yet?

I had a very similar problem, only the audio for a video clip did not work in my iPhone 5s, but worked fine on my iMac and iPad. Similarly, other audio on the iPhone worked normally, and the mute switch was off (non red position). Also, when the Keynote presentation was played from the iPhone through an Apple TV to my TV, the audio played fine through the TV.

Today, I was in an Apple Store while a friend was getting one-to-one instruction and when he was done, I asked about my Keynote problem. He took the phone, turned the mute switch On and then back Off and the audio for the video clip played just fine. Apparently, he had seen this before. He said he thought the Keynote App somehow mistakenly thought the mute switch was on and recycling it, set things right.

No audio in Keynote since iOS 8.1.1 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.