Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

See in Mail conversation view also the Emails you sent

Hi,

I am using Mail on iOS8 on my iPad and I also use the conversation view.

But looking at a conversation does not show me the replies I gave.

Is there any setting or trick, that makes me see the Emails I have sent in conversation view?

thanks

M.

iPad Air, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 21, 2014 12:57 PM

12 replies

Nov 21, 2014 1:52 PM in response to Mima.1977

Mima.1977 wrote:

But isn't the purpose of the organisation by thread that I can easily see, who contributed what to the conversation? And that would naturally include my answers also 🙂

weird. Cause in Google mail app it's actually like that. But maybe I misinterpret this functionality.....

In this answer I gave you, I am referring to the e-mails you get for the thread in this discussion forum. For the other answer I gave you, it was for that link and the article you gave.

Nov 21, 2014 1:13 PM in response to Demo

Hi,

no. That is not what it is. It has nothing to do with preview.

In the mail settings you can activate the conversation view for mail. This groups your mail in conversations.

So if you discussed something under a particular subject, it shows all messages that you got from somebody while discussing that subject.

But in that list of conversations I don't see the mails I have sent. Which are obviously part of the conversation.

Nov 21, 2014 1:21 PM in response to Mima.1977

Mima.1977 wrote:

But in that list of conversations I don't see the mails I have sent. Which are obviously part of the conversation.

The e-mails you requested to received are for the purpose of notifying you when someone else replies ... BUT ... there is no need or purpose to notify "you" when you reply, since you already know you did that ... :-) ...

Nov 21, 2014 1:27 PM in response to Mima.1977

Mima.1977 wrote:

Hi.. Correct english expression is "organised by thread" and here is the article that describes it:

http://email.about.com/od/iphonemailtips/qt/How-To-Read-Emails-In-Threads-With-I phone-Mail.htm

I see you were talking about something else than what I posted in my previous post.

SO ... in answer to your question, the article itself gives you the answer ... quoting it below ...

Unfortunately, iPhone Mail only threads messages from the current folder; it does not include other folders, say your sent mail.)

See in Mail conversation view also the Emails you sent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.