Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use touchID for accepting a call?

In security mode I can only swipe to accept call , sadly😕 can it be a good idea to use TouchID for it?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Nov 22, 2014 5:14 AM

5 replies

Nov 22, 2014 8:58 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

When the iPhone is locked to open you use the 4 digit code or your fingerprint identification to open you're iPhone, this is for security so I call it security/safety mode.

I know the home button when the iPhone is locked is pretty much useless.

Therefore my question; can it be a good idea to accept a phone call using TouchID? Maybe with a toggle on/off inside settings.

Everybody has access to an unattended mobile phone to accept a call even when locked not to your email/messages conversations.

Not logic in my view.

TouchID is enough to prevent unattended calls from your trousers or bag, before TouchID we had the push, swipe and a 4 digit code to prevent it.😁

Nov 22, 2014 9:02 AM in response to Edeke

It is currently not a function. This is a user to user support forum, you are not addressing Apple here. Also, you cannot poll people here on the forum about ideas, that is a violation of the TOS. If you would be interested in something like that, then tell Apple. Meg has provided you with a link to the feedback page where Apple gets feedback from users.

Nov 22, 2014 9:07 AM in response to Edeke

Edeke wrote:

When the iPhone is locked to open you use the 4 digit code or your fingerprint identification to open you're iPhone, this is for security so I call it security/safety mode.

I know the home button when the iPhone is locked is pretty much useless.

Therefore my question; can it be a good idea to accept a phone call using TouchID? Maybe with a toggle on/off inside settings.

Everybody has access to an unattended mobile phone to accept a call even when locked not to your email/messages conversations.

Not logic in my view.

TouchID is enough to prevent unattended calls from your trousers or bag, before TouchID we had the push, swipe and a 4 digit code to prevent it.😁

So, you want to make it so that only your fingerprint can be used to answer an incoming call to your iPhone, when it is locked?

If that's correct, let me explain why I think it's a bad idea and it will never be implemented.

Hypothetical situation: You accidentally leave your phone at the mall. An honest person finds it, then turns it in to the security office.

You try to call your lost iPhone from another phone, hoping someone will answer it and tell you where your phone is. But even though the security officer has the phone, he cannot answer the incoming call, because you've locked it to just your finger print.

That's just one of a dozen situations where this feature is a bad idea. But feel free to submit your input to Apple at www.apple.com/feedfback.

Can I use touchID for accepting a call?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.